12/6/2021: Japan’s blue collar worker invitation, Scotland’s happiness indicator
Pocket dictionary: life expectancy. After 2020, the US’s life expectancy has dropped. Japan reworks its visa program for blue collar workers. Scotland ramps up the Wellbeing Economy.
Listen to our full podcast here.
Japan’s worker visa sources:
- Migration Policy Institute: https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/its-population-ages-japan-quietly-turns-immigration
- Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/world/china/major-shift-japan-looking-accept-more-foreigners-indefinitely-2021-11-18/
- The Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/11/18/japan-labor-shortage-immigration/
- The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/26/world/europe/trucker-shortage-britain-visas.html
Scotland’s wellbeing sources:
- Scotland’s wellbeing report: https://t.co/xLykCm0lZH
- From Scotland’s government: https://www.gov.scot/groups/wellbeing-economy-governments-wego/