1/31/2022: Turkey’s money problems, Indonesia’s big move
Pocket dictionary: age of majority. The Philippines raises its age of consent. Turkey gambles on its untraditional monetary policy. Indonesia’s capital moves — but not necessarily for why you think.
Listen to our full podcast here.
Turkey’s monetary policy sources:
- Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/turkey-passes-law-exempting-converted-lira-deposits-corporate-tax-2022-01-21/
- Hurriyet Daily News: https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/parliament-passes-law-imposing-higher-fines-for-stockpiling-170609
- CNBC: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/05/turkish-lira-falls-as-inflation-hits-nearly-two-decade-high.html
- Moneyweek: https://apple.news/AGXP2bC3hQ_qxKhaUvZzKyg
- Financial Times: https://www.ft.com/content/ed5918a8-d699-417b-a0f8-4e947fee3dc7
Indonesia’s capital sources: